Saturday 7 June 2014

Godzilla Gashapon Collection

With the release of Godzilla 2014, I have decided to review all my Godzilla Gashapon figures. I will be doing them in the order that they appeared in the films and give my forts and opinions on each character. I will be doing Showa era first, then Heisei and finally Millennium. I do have some Gamera figures, but will be getting the Heroclix Pacific Rim Kaiju figures soon. So when I get them I will do a page for the none Godzilla Monsters.
 
Here are all my Godzilla Gashapon figures from Bandai. I know this figures are under rated by most American collectors, but they are popular in Japan and most of these figures are based on characters that many fans yarn Bandai to make in the six inch line like Varan, Megalon, Monster X etc. The figures come in little packets and they are in parts, until reassembled. You may notice that I don't have Mothra, well that's because I don't like Mothra. I know she has a massive fan base than the others, but I see her as an over sized bug. Most of these figures resemble men in suits with acceptation of the American Godzilla. Kaiju means Giant Monster in Japanese. The Godzilla Gashapons are also known as High Grade. There are some characters that are missing from this rage, these are the missing characters. 
 
Showa: King Kong (Toho), Mechani Kong, Giant Sea Serpent, Maguma, Frankenstein, Manda (Showa), Gaira, Sanda, Giant Condor, Kamacuras (Showa), Kumonga (Showa) Gabara, Gezora, Ganimes, Kamoebas and Titanosaurus.
 
Heisei: Biollante (Rose form), Godzillasaurus, Fire Rodan, Baby Godzilla, Destoroyah (Micro, Juvenile & Flying forms), Dagahra and Grand King Ghidorah.
 
Millennium: Millennian Alien, Meganulon, Anguirus (Final Wars) King Caesar (GFW) Manda (GFW) Hedorah (GFW) and Zilla (GFW).   
 
        

1 comment: